It feels like October here in Queenstown. All the trees are changing and the temperature has dropped dramatically. The best part is the smell. There are pine trees everywhere and it smells like Christmas every time the wind blows.
I hitched to the grocery store today. More oatmeal, bottle of red, 2 oranges, and milk. I passed out 7 more resumes including one to the grocery store while I was checking out haha. If you couldn’t tell from my cleaning job…I’m a little desperate. I’m hitching back to town tomorrow because a lady told me she would teach me how to crochet for free. Works out perfect because I’m still not sleeping well and think this will be a good project for me. I drank my wine tonight hoping it would make my eyes heavy. It’s 2:43 AM and I’m wide awake. So much for that idea.
My roommates have been gone the last 5 days. It’s been pretty quiet and lonely around the house. I’ve found myself getting lost outside, tramping through the forest like I’m 10 years old again. They should be back this weekend so until then I have trash duty and feeding the fish duty. I talked to a lot of people today about work in New Zealand and how easy it is to give up. There is no work here in town and it would be great to see my family, friends, and dogs. You should know that won’t give up without a fight. I’m staying put.
I feel like I’m going in circles….I guess I’m just bored out of my mind with no money or secure job. Is this what the Great Depression was like? But dustier?
I was told that my last post was too "Deep" so I tried to change the mood a bit. I did my best but in all honesty, I have zip to talk about other than the leaves changing and me being a loser in an amazing country haha! I'll work on it...
ReplyDeleteI hope you have fun in NZ! I studied abroad in Australia a year ago and took a 2 week vaca to NZ and fell in love. It is the most beautiful country! :)
ReplyDeleteKeep bloggin' and keep sharing your videos! Lots of people back home are rooting for ya, Maddawg! Danelle
ReplyDeleteThanks Danelle!!
ReplyDelete