I moved into my flat on Saturday. The first two pictures is the view I get from my balcony. Everything is furnished so I didn't have to worry much about buying little things like curtains and pillows.
Unfortunately the Bus system here stinks and they don't sell local passes. Its 4 dollars every time I get on. I'm considering buying a car more and more. I think it might be worth it since I could sell it again when I leave. I'd just buy an old junker....The most I'd spend is $1,300. I tried out the bus a few times but the bus runs out to my hill every hour and its literally ALL the way down the hill (3 km away). I tried out walking the first day. I walked to Frankton (9km) and went to the Wal-Mart-like store to buy a trash can, toilet paper, a wire rack to hang my clothes to dry, and sheets. For some weird reason I had pillows, a duvet, but no sheets on my bed. I started the trek back home with all my new belongings and ended up walking up the wrong dumb hill which ended up being a DEAD END. I was so frustrated at myself and tired/hot, I sat down at the top of the mountain and almost started crying. I only wish you could see this hill so you could feel my pain. It took me approximately 45 mins just to get up! SOOO I called a taxi, and when he arrived he laughed at me for sitting in the middle of the street indian style with sheets, toilet paper, trash can, and a huge wire rack. He pitied me so gave me a free ride home. Thank goodness for nice people.
When I got back my roommates were home and wanted to see my new stuff. They asked me why I bought sheets. Confused, I said there weren't any on my bed. They laughed because they were washing the originals for me. UGHH...so now I will make the trek once again to return the dumb sheets.
I'm looking for work EVERYWHERE and it's very frustrating. It's the middle of their summer season, so no one is really hiring. I passed out resumes and signed on with two free job agencies in town. Hopefully I'll find something soon. I applied for a ski instructing job for 3-5 year olds but it doesn't start until June. That would be ideal. They emailed me back so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to work behind the desk at a hotel until June but I don't know how soon a position will open up. There is a sales job in town available. I'd be selling sheep skin blankets, rugs, boots, coats, and leather haha. I think I could probably do that. Anyone want a sheep skin blanket?
It's raining today and watching from my balcony, looks unreal. You can see the rain come over the mountains and hit the lake. It looks like a postcard. Yesterday, I climbed down the front of my yard with my guitar on my back. I played for an hour staring at the lake. I went out with my old roommates for our last hooray. I played guitar on the street for the first time. Just one song, but got 2 dollars! The boys left to go home today. I'm so glad I met good people and had a blast with them. I'll always remember them and hope to stay in contact. It was a good day.
We were under a tsunami threat but thankfully I wasn't to worried since I'm inland. Auckland and the rest of the east coast just had 5-6 foot waves so it wasn't anything too bad. I'm praying for everyone in Chile. So unreal and scary. Please keep them in your prayers. I hope you have a great day and make the best of each moment.
God Bless!
So FREAKIN pumped you're living it up in NZ. Takes me back to my short four months in Costa Rica. Have the time of your life.
ReplyDelete