I'm hurt and upset about the situation. I was extremely excited about the job and the friendships I've already made with co-workers. But it is what it is and I had to take control of the situation. I refuse to be treated like a piece of meat with blonde hair. My mom has taught me to stand up for myself as a woman and an individual. And I did just that.
The next morning, I called the assistant manager and met up with him for lunch so we could discuss what happened and what needs to be done. He wasn't completely shocked and had a feeling that this horrible man was dirty. He and I will be filing a complaint to the main headquarters in Wellington. I just want them to be aware of what he is doing and pray that it doesn't happen to another young girl desperate for work. I'm so thankful that my manager is being so kind and helpful. Not really knowing what to do has been discomforting.
After lunch, I enjoyed the sunny weather by drinking personality juice and having handstand contests with friends in the park. It was just what I needed to fade away a bad night. Later, my friends and I went to play frisbee golf. To top off my already hectic weekend, I was being silly jumping over posts (like a frog) and took a landing pretty rough. I couldn't get up and my leg immediately swelled. I've learned that showing off usually gets you hurt (and that you shouldn't jump over things if you've been drinking). Being somewhat intoxicated helped the pain thank goodness. I remember not being able to figure out why I had a heartbeat in my knee.
I tried toughing it out for two days by keeping it elevated and walking as little as possible. This morning I caved and went to the medical center here in town. I have a badly sprained knee and torn ligament in the back. Just my luck. I panicked when I thought of snowboarding this season. I am going with the R.I.C.E method and going to physical therapy twice this week for the shock thingy they do to football players. Hopefully I'll get better soon. Right now, I'll just have to live with a black knee.
I passed out more resumes today. Probably a bad idea though. No one will hire someone that hobbles everywhere. So I'm stuck in my apartment, trying to stay off the leg and not spend any money. I'm jobless and crippled in a foreign country. But hey, I'm alive!
"God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them." -Stanley L.
Lessons were learned this weekend and I'm taking them in as experiences that make me stronger. My chin is up and I'm in a beautiful country. Surely my luck will change soon. And if not, then I guess I just learn some more life lessons.
I'm kinda nervous to post this. My parents are on vacation in the Dominican Republic and will probably panic when they read it. ---Mom and Dad, please don't worry. You're daughter is a strong girl because you have taught her well. Have fun on the beach and the golf course! You both deserve to relax! Safe travels and hope to talk to you soon! I love you to the moon and back! Xoxo
Oh Madison you keep your chin up! I miss you tons and wanted to call you so bad last night! I have a package coming your way here in a week...prob after I get paid. But I have the box filled with all sorts of goodies! Love and miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMWAH!
Blake