Friday, March 12, 2010

Rationing Oatmeal

ZERO LUCK with work. This "being poor thing" isn't much fun. I find myself looking around my room for things to sell online. Playing music on the street is becoming more and more of a possibility. I'm really good at handing out resumes but terrible at getting a job. The town is in the off season now and completely dead with no tourists.

My best friend Katie is coming for her Spring break on the 21st. I have to make sure I have enough money to make her trip worth it. I budgeted today and almost lost my oatmeal....I won't be able to do all the activities she will, but thats okay. We decided I will be her personal photographer and capture all of our greatest New Z moments. We start out in Wellington and will take the ferry and train across to the South Island. Then we will drive down in a rental car along the coast. Katie and I will arrive in Queenstown on the 24th and stay at my place. I can't wait to show her this beautiful mountain town.

One thing is for sure. No matter what, I'm not coming home until planned. I refuse to give up and will not rely on anyone but myself. This is MY trip and I'll figure it out. 

Eventually I will find work and continue my journey in New Zealand. If you have any ideas on how you once lived "cheaply" in college or what-not, please let me know! Please keep me and my stomach in your prayers.

Goodnight America! xx

2 comments:

  1. Do they sell Raman noodles in NZ? I once lived off Raman noodles and grapes that I swiped daily from the farmer's market...survived for three weeks in Seattle.

    Be sure to clean Katie's plate/leftovers when you dine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yes they sell the ramen noodles thank goodness. The fruit here is actually really expensive and I dont know why. So are eggs. I guess because everything is organic. I hate organic food when I'm poor. When in the world were you in Seattle for 3 weeks? That sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete