Friday, July 9, 2010

Guacamole, Golfballs, and God

The Remarks lifty’s got together and had a Mexican Night last Thursday. I made my special guacamole (which is amazing) and we drank margaritas and ate tacos. A few of my friends even asked me what a quesadilla is! I was completely blown away when they told me that my “green stuff” was good. They had never even heard of guacamole! It was so great to put some Tex-Mex back into my system. We went to town after that and I taught all of them how to line dance. There were so many of us line dancing, we took up the whole bar, so we had an audience all around us. I love that I’m leaving traces of Texas everywhere I go…

Glenna (Canada), Cat (Austrailia), Zoey (UK), and Me....enjoying Mexican night. I like this picture because you can tell how happy I am. A smile doesn't lie.

I’ve been applying for jobs back home and things are looking good. My boss and I have a great relationship and I know he will help me get my foot in the door back in America. He works in the States during the winter and has so many connections. He is one of those bosses that wants to see his employees succeed in their goals and have a good time while working their way to the top. I am so blessed to have so many things to look forward to.

My first injury of the season was a blow to the head by a chairlift at full speed. It was extremely painful and embarrassing to say the least. Three days after and I still have a golfball planted right on my forehead. It’s sad that it takes something like this to take a step back and count your blessings. The head injury could have been a lot worse and I’m so thankful it wasn’t anything too serious. I already have one co-worker in the hospital for hitting his head on ice. It’s been 7 days and its not looking very good. Such a scary feeling for him and his family.

I feel like I have the world in my hands…and I know the Lord is on my side. The snowball of problems I’ve had in New Zealand, melted away. I feel free and my goodness, that is an amazing feeling. The more you know yourself, what you want, and what you stand for, life gets easier and things seem less complicated. When you stop trying to make things happen, and let God take over, life happens.

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalm 16:8




1 comment:

  1. So Happy For you bestie!! Im thinking and praying for you daily!! Can't wait for you to get back to the US of A!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete