

Today is my 14th day in NZ. I went hiking across the Fox Glacier today and honestly, I have no idea to explain it's beauty. It seems like that’s how a lot of New Zealand is, just so unreal. The glacier was exciting and exhilarating. We hiked up over a 1,000 steps through a rain forest and then made our way over to the glacier. We had to change out of our summer clothes into our winter coats.
Our guide told us about all the deaths and fatalities hiking across. The ice could break off at any second. Thankfully, I made it across without a scratch. We then hiked back over to the rain forest and down the steps…we definitely got our cardio work out today. I’m exhausted! The hike was a great experience. It was something I haven’t had the chance to do and hope I get to do it again in my lifetime. On the top of the glacier, I felt infinite and that’s the only thing that mattered for a split second.
Unfortunately, our next stop is about 4 hours away so we might be sleeping on the beach again (Which means no showers…ugh). This is definitely a night that we invite liquor to the party.
Sounds like a great hiking experience! Please watch the drinking on the beach. momxoxo
ReplyDeleteMadison, you are so brave! But at the same time I wish I could be there with you. Looks beautiful, please be careful. I love you sister!
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed reading your blogs, and as I stated earlier, am attempting to live vicariously through your many adventures! Keep the blogs a-comin' and be safe!
ReplyDeleteIt's just so sad that you're not the adventurous type....