Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Shoes Day

My sister, Mollie sent me a package this week with some of my favorite items from the States: Sweettarts Candy, Blue Diamond Sea Salt Almonds, Kraft Macaroni, Crystal Light Fruit Punch, Bare Minerals Make-up, and a new hat for snowboarding! I was shaking I was so excited opening the box. Thanks Molls for the package and the letter. You are the best sister!

My shoes finally ripped open while working on the mountain. I knew it would happen soon enough, since they were only $20 dollars when I purchased them six months ago! So after being carried back to the bus in my socks, I decided it was time to buy new shoes. 



My poor little boots that are now in the trash.

Because my winter shoes ripped, I got to splurge and go shoe shopping. 



I just love new shoe days.
My new shoes and my new shark hat from my sister. I think they look great together!

Last week, the mountain was closed a few days because of bad weather so Ryan and I drove down to meet his parents for lunch in Wanaka. They invited me to stay with them for a week in Dunedin, Ryan’s hometown.  They organized a deep-sea fishing trip and barbecue when I arrive next week. I can't wait!

While driving home that day, Ryan received a phone call asking him to judge a snowboarding competition in town. So that night, I got to hang out with some amazing riders at the judges table while Ryan worked his magic.  It was pretty interesting watching the riders hit the rail doing tricks you couldn’t pay me to do. 




Ryan and the other judges at the snowboarding competition. 



Pro riders at the competition




The horrible storm has been increasing in strength the last couple days. Gale force winds, sleet, and avalanches! The mountain is in terrible shape and has been closed quite a bit. It's not much fun to work in a blizzard, especially when I'm already sick and haven't been able to get better because of the weather. I started a count down yesterday. Only 6 more days of work! After I realized it wasn't too far away, the terrible weather didn't seem so bad. I can handle 6 more days of gale-force winds and sleet in the face. I'm embracing the snow, for I now know, I'll never work as a lifty again. One season did the trick!

An old friend that is originally from Dumas, contacted me a few weeks ago. He has been teaching English with his girlfriend in South Korea, and is now making his way back to the States. He has been so nice to give me information about his amazing job in South Korea. I promise I love America, but when God made me, he placed a giant chunk of  adventure and wonder into my heart. Once I started traveling, I knew I wouldn't be able to just go home. I have so many options and places to see. 

The company that he went through has a rather large application, so I started last night. I've done so much research over the last few weeks on Teaching English companies all over the world, but this company is exactly what I'm looking for. From paying for my flights to and from America, a decent enough salary for me to actually SAVE money, insurance benefits, a furnished apartment, and much more, I think I found where I want to work! I can't help but get excited about this, so I'll continue praying for it. If any one would like to join me or just get the information, email me at madison.riseling@gmail.com and I'll get it to you right away. 

It's October 1st here, which means I leave New Zealand in 21 days. Thailand here I come! Adventures that our amazing God will lead me to, are just around the corner. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment