Monday, June 7, 2010

God's Camping Grounds

I'm not the biggest sports fanatic, yet it seems like I'm always surrounded by them. I was sent this story today and was very touched and inspired. Don't worry girls...its not completely about sports. 

On another note...

Because I got a full-time job last week and its locked in and I'm ready to go, my stress level has gone way down. While I've been worried the last few months, I've lost site at where I am. 

I'm in New Zealand.....NEW ZEALAND!

It's the most beautiful country and I'm actually here, standing in the middle of it. I look outside my window and see these mountains covered in snow with this gigantic lake below it, and it just makes me want to sit and stare. My luck has been terrible the last few months, and my attitude towards this country started to change. But one thing has always been constant in New Zealand. Every where I've gone, it's been beautiful. The landscape hasn't let me down once.

Legend has it that New Zealand was fished out of the sea after all the other countries were discovered, making it the youngest country in the world. But I like to think that God was just camping out here, adding the finishing touches before his children see it. 

Coronet Peak opened which is the neighboring ski field to where I'll be working. I haven't been able to go because I ordered my bindings off Ebay (cheaper haha) and they haven't arrived. Which stinks, but if I've learned anything in New Zealand, it's patience. I've mastered that skill. My awesome new Irish friends and I have been hanging out a lot. We took a boat out on the lake and I took lots of pictures. I haven't pulled out my nice camera in a while, so it was nice to put it to good use. 







We are going to the gym tonight and I can't wait to break a sweat. It's been too icy to run around the lake or streets. Tonight, we are also doing a hula-hoop class...only in New Zealand would they have hula-hoop classes. I mastered that art when I was 3 years old, so I can't wait to show off my skills. The Irish are in for a treat. On Saturday we are going horse back riding, weather permitting. I can't wait! 


Everything has been falling into place and I'm just a happy girl. A guy has even entered my life....but thats another story for another day. : ) 


--To my old office back home, especially Blake- thanks so much for the package. It really made my day! You all are too sweet and I miss each and every one of you! Be looking for a postcard in the mail!!


I've been so blessed the last few weeks; New friends, a secure job, a loving family back home, and a nice Christian boy that makes me smile until my cheeks hurt. It's such a good feeling. God continues to bless me and I praise him for that. Always praying for my loving friends back home. Thank you for the kind emails and comments. You guys are the best! 



No comments:

Post a Comment