Friday, May 7, 2010

My Cleaning Tribe

I've recieved a few emails requesting pictures of the ladies from work....so as requested, here are some pictures of what I do every Friday. I never thought I'd be cleaning toilets in New Zealand. 


My office space




The view from each room is amazing. That is the "Remarkables" Mountain range. (Where I have a ski pass!) Each room has two balconies with this view. You can barely see it, but there is snow on top of the mountains!! YAY! 
My bestie and cleaning mate, June. Aka Singin' June. She is 81 years old and has more energy than half of my friends back home. She is always dancing around and singing. The first thing she does when she enters a new condo, is turns on the radio. And she likes it loud...much louder than most grandma's. My grandmother won't even walk into Hollister/Abercrombie with my 13 year old brother because of the music. She's been cleaning on Fridays for 23 years...before I was even born. Wow.


Bernese, my other cleaning partner, is 75 years old. Her kiwi accent is hilarious. I can never understand a thing she says. Bernese is always finding me the best items to take home.

It's been raining non-stop in Queenstown. The town is actually flooded from the lake overflowing and a lot of businesses had to shut down because of damages. I saw this rainbow while I was making a bed at work. 


The girls were loading up my green bag full of treats they found that were left behind. Without these scavengers, I'd be one hungry girl. 


Tea, Half eaten Peanut Butter, Coffee, Bottle of Water, 1 Corona, Butter, Carrot Salad-half  eaten, 
Sugar, and some Broccoli


2 rotten bananas, Frozen berries, Can of spaghetti--which I won't be eating-yuck, 4 rolls of toilet paper, small carton of milk, 2 cereal bars, small packets of honey, and some slices of Colby cheese.

My treats are always so random. I scored big that day. I really enjoy working with June, Bernese, and all the other ladies. My favorite part of the day is vacuuming because I can sing as loud as I want. As much as I love cleaning with the girls, I would love to find work else where. Some work that doesn't involve toilets.

1 comment:

  1. your ladies look very cheerful. be thankful you have them.love you mom

    ReplyDelete